Tuesday, April 16, 2024

unconnected

 This morning I am reminded of how dependent on the internet I am, especially for my morning routine. Most mornings, while I drink my coffee (with protein powder these days - gotta build muscle on the treadmill!), I update my daily log files, which includes the weather from yesterday… no internet, no weather. Then I'll check my email… then I'll browse a bit on facebook. Instead of doing all that, I'm bothering you with meaningless babble!

It's another beautiful morning! Yesterday was sunny and warm - no winter coat required for the trip to the city to take Mom to an appointment. Yes, I got into and out of the dreaded Civic Hospital parking garage without dinging the car on something. I'm happy to say that they have finished the construction that had me weaving between fences and posts. It's still not my favourite place though! Mom's appointment went well - hopefully her obturator will fit better and she'll be able to eat more real food.


Talking about food - I've been sticking pretty firmly to a mostly plant based diet. Oh sure, I had beef stew on Sunday when we had my family over to celebrate Kari's birthday, and I had cake, although I could have done without it - I ate it more out of politeness than desire for cake - this is a big thing for me! I am a cake feind! I've cut out tons of sugar this past month, and honestly, my craving for it is mostly gone. I find blueberries to be plenty sweet :-)


In fact, my cravings are almost non-existent and I'm rarely hungry. That said, I'm eating regular meals, just lots of fruits and vegetables. My theory is that since I'm eating nutrient rich foods, my body is not crying out for nutrition. I'm 1 pound short of my lowest weight in 25 years! It's been a slow but steady decline…


This morning is glorious with perhaps a bit more wind than yesterday. 


Internet is still down… time to find out which books live on my tablet, and which ones live in the library app!


… later in the day… the internet came back, I walked with Kirsten, then we changed the tires on the car, and changed the oil in the snowblower and put it to bed, did some other minor things around the house, and finally had Trudie & Leo over for beef stew leftovers! Whew :-) Time for bed!



Awesome!


“sunny spring mornings”

“birds singing in the trees”

“the view from the top of the parking garage”

No comments: