Monday, November 4, 2019

damp drizzly November in my soul

We putzed around the house Friday, not doing much of anything but still moving forward in our prep for the trip. It is remarkably easy to waste a day doing nothing and then at the end of it wonder where the time went. 

Saturday night was Latin night at the local community center. Day of the Dead costumes abounded. Some folk dancing and singing entertained us through the evening. I love this sort of thing so had a wonderful time. Trudie, Leo, and some of their friends were gathered around the table as we noshed some excellent Mexican food. It was a fun evening and not too late, which was nice.


It has been mostly cloudy for days, with periods of rain interspersed among the gloom. Not the best weather for me, but I’ve carried on and tried to find joy in the small things with varying degrees of success. 

Between the raindrops we’ve been getting Adia out for games of ‘Deek the Lion’ which she loves. It helps her to settle down in the house, but honestly, I think we are just making her stronger and more crazy!





Adia will be 1 year old tomorrow! She’s still very much a puppy though… socks aren’t safe, and sometimes my  pile of clothes ends up on her bed. She still rockets around the house, bouncing off furniture and walls. She’s lots of fun!

Spike has been spending more time close to Adia, even snuggling up sometimes. Yesterday my heart melted when he was asleep next to her with his head on her feet. I feel a lot better about going away knowing that he has a dog friend. I don’t worry too much about her, she’s such a goon.


Whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul, I shall recall the memory of warm, sunny, late summer afternoons like this one, and be comforted greatly.”
~Peggy Toney Horton

No comments: