Tuesday, November 26, 2019

swimming in the sun

I didn’t part the curtains until 8am (gmt-2) and was pleased to see the glorious sun which was higher above the horizon than yesterday, and still very much present. There was just a light breeze so I left the balcony door open while we got ready :-) 


Glorious.

We broke our routine this morning. After we’d had our special coffee in the Piazza, (where we sat near the couple that always wear matching shirts), we changed into our bathing suits and headed to the pool.

Yes. 

Swimming at the end of November while transiting the Atlantic.

I would say that I have no words, but you all know that I’ll find some! The sun was hot, the water in one of the pools was cold, the hot tub was hot, and the other pool was almost warm. It was amazing! They were playing ‘Lion King’ on the big screen so it was like being at a drive-in, well, make that a swim-in. I watched some of the movie bobbing in the warm pool being swished by the waves created from the slight ocean swell. It was one of those WOW moments.


The sun was burning down with the threat of sunburn, so after an hour we picked up our things and headed to our room to change and then downstairs to wander around. As we were strolling around the ship we ran into Patti and Paul, a couple that we’d first met in Florence - it was lunchtime so we decided that lunch in the dining room would be nice. It was.


I ducked out at the end of lunch for some quiet time. As luck would have it I was able to catch up with Kirsten on Messanger. We chatted for over an hour! Carm came back to the room and we chilled for a while on the balcony. Before we knew it, the time had come to go down for dinner. We met up with Bonnie and Mike again and had a great meal together - Italian night so lots to choose on the menu! I was so stuffed that I skipped dessert 😁 

We lingered over supper until I glanced at my watch and saw that we’d never get seats in the theatre unless we skedaddled. The same comedian was the entertainer tonight and boy, did he make us laugh. I thought I’d fall off my chair!

We made our way to Take 5 after the show and met up with Bonnie & Mike for a bit of jazz and some cranberry juice. And here I am now… ready for bed and watching Tolkien.

The time changes again tonight so not only do I have no idea what day it is, I also have no idea what time! We’ll switch to GMT-3 in the middle of the night.

No comments: