Wednesday, November 27, 2019

if it's the middle of the Atlantic it must be Wednesday

It was dark in the room when I opened my eyes this morning as I’d left the curtains fully drawn, but I could see a swash of light on the floor. I glanced at my watch (7:30 am gmt-3) and opened the curtains. The view was dramatic with the roiled sky and flush of pink. I struggled to open the balcony door as there was a bit of a wind creating a vacuum against the side of the ship. With a burst of effort I got it opened and stepped outside with my camera. It was still warm with a bit of wind.



I went back to bed.

When we finally got up and upstairs for breakfast it was past 9am but amazingly enough there was still lots of food to choose from! We sat next to a lovely couple from Edmonton - Judy and Gord. 

From there we went to the piazza for a better cup of coffee. Sitting behind us were two couples all dressed in the same patterned shirt. We wanted a photo and tried to sneak one but then decided it was better to ask. They were a fun group full of jokes and laughter.


I still needed something from the cosmetic store so I stopped there on my way to the room and met with Crinella, and she suggested a makeover tonight so I’ll be all spiffy for formal night. I’ll have to forego our pre-dinner drink but it will be fun to be fussed over (although slightly weird too).

Carm got back to the room in time for us to venture out for lunch. Yes, we were eating again, and again in the dining room. We sat with 5 people, some from the US and one couple from AUZ (I don’t recall their names but we may see them next October on the Coral). Lots of conversation - nothing controversial. At this point in time I can’t imagine wanting to have supper… Next cruise I think I’ll just pack moo-moos/caftans - remember them from the 70s? They were shapeless, flowy dresses (although I hesitate to call them a dress, more like a giant sack).


Sadly, tonight is formal night, which means stuffing myself into a tight sausage casing. Oh my… or I could go for the stretchy fancy pants and loose top… will tell later what I decide.

It is actually ridiculous how much we’ve eaten… I’m so stuffed that I’ve been skipping dessert for some meals 🤢 The scale will probably run away screaming when it sees me!

We are inching our way across the Atlantic at the mind boggling speed of 33 kmph, at this speed, we’ll be in Fort Lauderdale in 4 days, although it’s hard to imagine that we will have crossed the Atlantic at such a snail's pace. It will be strange to be back in reality - with the sea mirroring the grey clouds in the sky it isn’t hard to imagine that I am in a glass globe muffled in a bag of slightly dirty cotton balls.

… back in our room after makeover, supper, theatre, and jazz club…


I wore the purple dress without the sausage underwear...it didn’t look too bad. The makeover was fun but I should have had Carm video it so I could do a re-enactment. He said it didn’t look like I had tons of makeup on and since I only got a glimpse in the mirror I had to take his word on it.


Supper was fun with Bonnie & Mike and 2 other couples. It took forever though so we had to skip dessert to make it to the theater. No big hardship. The show was great - the entertainer was a singer originally from NZ. She wasn’t only a great singer, she was funny too. Now we are back in our room watching the end of ‘Lion King’ - amazing animation.



No comments: