Tuesday, December 14, 2021

spritz

Another sunny, warm day! It’s above freezing with a moderate amount of wind.


Our saviours last night were Olaf and Stephanie for an online visit. After a brief ‘on the verge of crying’ conversation we moved to happier topics and even had some laughs. The rawness of my grief is starting to settle into more bearable sadness..



This morning I was in the kitchen having a bit of a weep when suddenly I could hear Adia running towards me. She wrapped her body around me, as if to say “hey, it’s okay, I’m here for you”. She does seem more subdued and has been crying a bit but we’ve made a special effort to give her extra attention and to get her outside for a run - for her and for us…  she makes us laugh with her wild spins.



Two little tubs of Aperol spritz cookies have been glazed and sprinkled with orange sugar. I did the dipping and Carm was in charge of the sugar. He did a good job! They are pretty little (slightly deformed) cookies with a fantastic orange flavour. I’m glad I went to the extra effort to try these new jems.



Awesome!


“another sunny day”

“cheerful orange cookies”

“Adia”

“chicken shwarma after Adia’s nail appointment!”

No comments: