Thursday, December 30, 2021

Spike - February 19, 2008 to December 11, 2021

 Spike - February 19, 2008 to December 11, 2021


Bright eyes filled with expectation: “What game are we going to play now and are there treats?” He loved going to school to show off his skills and learn new ones.




With his sisters, Bella and Kabira on his first camping trip. They loved going camping and would leap and jump when I got their ‘camping collars’ out.



He was so little that he couldn’t keep up with long walks so we’d put him in a bag when he tired out. It didn’t take long though before he kept up on his own.



Playing in the snow with Bella and Kabira was always a blast. He’d put every effort he could trying to keep up with his bigger ‘sisters’. His ears would fly back and he’d become airborne.




For several months he was a working dog, accompanying me to work. He’d prance along beside me, proud to be such a help.



With Bella and Kabira. They were a happy threesome. We got countless compliments on our beautiful trio.





With Adia, a new sister after Bella and Kabira passed. They were sweet together although she was a bit much for playing with. They’d cuddle on the futon in a sunspot.




On our trip to Alberta in 2013. He was a great traveller, usually looking out the window to see the world pass by. He ‘wrote’ a book about his trip. When I was writing it for him I felt that he was channelling his thoughts through me and onto the page. 


It’s recorded on another blog: http://pursuitofspikesmemories.blogspot.com/ 



Other miscellaneous photos:



He was always great with ‘bring it’ tasks. He could bring water, a little bag, socks, and goodness knows what else. He was a joy to train.


All puffed up and ready to go to work.


Happy smiles with my little dog.


He had gorgeous ringlets.


His bright face hangs on the wall across from the sofa so that I can look up and see him.


Happy hunting my little friend, I’ll never forget you.


No comments: