Wednesday, December 1, 2021

a stroke of bad luck

 I’ve got a sinus headache from a backlog of unshed tears. Spike’s vet appointment this morning was not what we expected (or maybe we did but kept fooling ourselves). The vet feels that he either had a stroke the other night or might have a brain tumor. So, we’ve got some anti-anxiety pills and some pain medication for him just in case. If it was a stroke we should see some improvement over the next few weeks.



Meanwhile, he is wobbly on his feet and falls at times but gosh he isn’t giving up. He struggles to his feet and gives it his best shot, so since he isn’t giving up we won’t either. He’s shown some improvement from Monday night so we are optimistic. To keep him safe, we’ve put barricades in front of the stairs, built a 4x4 square to keep him in when we have to leave him alone, and arranged bins to block other parts of the room.



I was going to put up some Christmas decorations but honestly, my heart just isn’t into it. Instead I sat in a sun spot and tried to keep my thoughts positive.


It is December first so we sipped the first of our Advent beer along with excellent turkey sandwiches from the last of the leftover turkey.




Awesome!


“sunshine in my eyes… are my eyes watering from the bright light or from what I know is soon to come?”

“coloured lights at night”

1 comment:

Merikay said...

He will always be a puppy in your heart. I know you will do your best to keep him comfortable. Let the tears come. He is a member of your family.