Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Small Good Things

I love waking up to the sound of rain on the camper roof, but did I mention that I hate waking up to the sound of rain on the camper roof... You see the dogs have to go out first thing in the morning which means a soaking wet trip to somewhere suitable for them to pee. Kabira is NOT HAPPY about getting wet so it's hard to get her to concentrate on the job at hand. Then it's back into the camper with Carm waiting by the door with towels for feet and wet bodies. What a fun start to the day! Dogs are so simple though, once back in they are happy and excited - such JOY - perhaps it's a lesson that we could learn from them - live in the moment and enjoy even the small good things.

20120522_camping-riverside_009

Our new internet service at home is HSPA+ (the same as cell phone service), which means we can bring our router with us camping and have the same wireless network as we have at home. It's great! We are junkies and can now easily get our technology fix! And I'm LOVING my Asus Transformer TF101 tablet (aka prune - productivity unit extraordinaire) . It's got an attached keyboard (which I rarely detach) and sits nicely on my lap for convenient viewing and typing. The keyboard is awesome and fits my fingers just perfectly. I loved it this winter at home, and I love it even more now.

20120522_camping-riverside_012
 
It's been raining off and on all day - we had a short break in the morning to get the dogs out for a trip to the pooping field, but have been camper bound the rest of the time. Every time the rain stops I think I'll get out for a good long walk and as soon as I finish that thought it is raining again... I was a bit antsy - I'm used to getting at least 2 or 3 miles in everyday. The refrain of the day... "I'm hungry". All this sitting around creates quite an appetite! And the rain put the kibosh on our slightly healthy bbq’d supper instead sending Carm to a local take-out place: pizza for Carm, hamburger and fries for me! Tomorrow will be a better day both weather wise and food wise.
 
20120522_camping-riverside_015
 
Your life is what your thoughts make it.
Marcus Aurelius

1 comment:

Merikay said...

A hamburger once in a while can be a real treat. I haven't had one in several months. When I think back I remember eating burgers and fried a couple of times a week. I do like chicken burgers, but am avoiding the white bread buns.