Thursday, May 3, 2012

Swallows Swooping

After an incredibly early dentist appointment in town (7:15 am!!!), we did a bit of grocery shopping (it never ends when you are eating so many vegetables) and then headed home. Arriving about the time that we would normally be getting up. uggh

20120502_spring-property_003

The good thing about that is we were able to do our normal morning routine, including getting on the treadmill – 73 minutes for 600 calories and 4 3/4 miles. Man oh man I had to work hard to get that done. Even my eyelids were sweating. I must have hit the zone though cause the last bit got quite easy, if I had a bottle of water to sip from I could have gone for ages more (yeah right).

20120502_spring-property_005

The walks around the property have been nice. I love seeing everything coming back to life. I suppose it mirrors my own “rebirth”, although hopefully not quite so green.

20120502_spring-property_009

20120503_robin-egg_001

Dorothy asked about my morning smoothie. Don’t get me started!! Too late… It sounds gross but I LOVE it! Ingredients: 85g tofu, 1-2 cups spinach, 1 cup frozen blueberries (must be frozen to get that good smoothie feel), 1T ground flax and finally 1T blackstrap molasses (it has to be blackstrap as it has a ton of calcium and iron). I can’t believe how much better I feel having this rather than toast. Below shows the nutritional analysis of just the smoothie and how it starts my day. By the end of the day, if I make the right choices, all the red bars have turned green.

image

Here’s what the analysis page of calorie counter looks like. I find it really useful for making sure I’m getting all the nutrition that I should. I should note that I probably never did, even when I was eating animal products (including dairy). What a tool Winking smile

image

The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.
Henry Ward Beecher

1 comment:

Terri's Pal said...

Interesting! I should look for blackstrap molasses next time I shop. I suspect I wouldn't have the patience to fill in the meals I eat every day (though I SHOULD be paying a LOT more attention to my diet). BTW, you are brave to post a pic of 'after' exercise. Loved the pretty blue flower in "Sweating to the Oldies".