Sunday, March 29, 2015

Breakfast is Over

The cake is almost gone and the fridge is full of leftovers from our meals out. Carm and I are flaked out on the sofa, exhausted from our late nights. Birthday weekend is coming to a close and none too soon or we'd be having to let out our pants!

20150327_210406-carm-bruce-bday

Friday night we met up with Bruce and Tina for the annual Keg steak gorge. For the last several years we've been meeting on their birthday (Bruce is the same day) and indulging ourselves. Many of the previous years we've overnighted in a downtown hotel, but this year we came straight home - with a giant container of leftovers.

20150328_200554-carm-sol-bday

Saturday night we went to Sol d Acapulco down on the St. Lawrence to celebrate with friends there. Another big meal – crispy schnitzel, German potato salad and cold German beer. A spice cake smothered in blueberries weighted us down further. Seven deer and 12 turkeys were spotted on the way down, just two deer were seen on the way home. None were very close to the road (that we saw!).

20150329_090437-hockey

Sunday morning my alarm sprung me out of bed, I grabbed a coffee and met up with my brother and his kids at the arena. My nephew Erik had a hockey game so I went to watch. I was glad that I hadn't over-imbibed the night before as a hockey game is LOUD. Yelling parents, blaring horns and wicked cowbells, not to mention the heavy metal played over the intercom. All was good though, but sadly Erik's team lost.

20150329_114440-graham-and-kids_01

They all came back to my place for some brunch (pizza from the freezer anyone?) and while we were sitting at the table Juliette noticed something running across the field. Once it was out of sight we got onto google and figured out that it was either an otter or a fisher. We are leaning toward fisher. I was so glad the dog's weren't outside as I KNOW they would not have come when called, and the snow was too soft to handle my weight.

20150329_114502-graham-and-kids

If we listened to our intellect we'd never have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go in business because we'd be cynical: "It's gonna go wrong." Or "She's going to hurt me." Or,"I've had a couple of bad love affairs, so therefore . . ." Well, that's nonsense. You're going to miss life. You've got to jump off the cliff all the time and build your wings on the way down. ~Ray Bradbury

No comments: