Sunday, March 6, 2016

sun shines hot wind blows cold

My plastic cap crinkles when I move my head and it traps in the heat from my scalp. Hints of pink blush at the edge. One hour to wait then we'll see if it covered up the grey, and then days to see how long it lasts this time. The bottle says 6 weeks, but since it didn't even last 1 the first time I tried, I'm not holding much hope. I didn't give much thought ahead of time though, I could have gotten my snowshoes out for a little jaunt around the field before submitting myself to such ridiculousness.

It is a gorgeous day - the nicest of the year so far and one could even say we are on the cusp of spring - the stronger sun germinates the seeds of hope. We had to get out of the house for a drive and headed to a nearby town to their grocery store. I had checked the sale flyer ahead of time but sadly the store was out of everything that we wanted. boo hiss.

We drove around a bit more, picking up the missing items at a local store (at a greater price I might add), then came home to enjoy the rest of the afternoon poking around outside and doing things to my hair. The dogs have been crazy when we bring them outside - a winter of being cooped up has driven them mad. Even Kabira was leaping and running, which scares the crap out of me because the snow is so variable she could rip an ACL or something horrible like that. But I digress… we were all happy to linger outside this afternoon.

Now the dogs are stretched out on the futon, soaking up the rays in the biggest sunspot of the day. Except Bella, she's in the shade.

"It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.”  ~Charles Dickens

No comments: