Monday, November 27, 2017

Christmas Train

My nose turned bright red with the wind whipping at my face. I had worn the wrong coat too - a fleece jacket just doesn't stop the wind, Carm was better off in his leather jacket. Brrrr... I tried with not much luck to snuggle into my coat. Luckily I had my crazy faux-fur hat to keep my head warm.

Chooo whoooo! Clackity clack, clackity clack. Slowly she approached us. Decked out in christmas lights (that would be wonderful in the dark), the train passed us and pulled to a stop. The Christmas Train was here!

We admired her restored passenger cars and then headed back to our car, with its heated seats and windproof windows. We were back home before we knew it.

Did you watch the Grey Cup game last night? I was cheering for Calgary and was on the edge of the seat for much of the last half. (I just may have stood up a few times). Too bad for the Stampeders but darn it was a good game. Years ago we would have had a big celebration with lots of tasty treats to fuel us. We haven't done anything like that for ages - this year would have been a good one to reinstate that tradition as the game was played in Ottawa, complete with snow.


Two more sleeps till the 12 hour marathon day of hurry up and wait.


"Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.” 
~Laura Ingalls Wilder


No comments: