Sunday, November 19, 2017

star bright

Gosh, it has been ages since I last posted. It’s not like I’ve been so busy that I haven’t had time to put fingers to keyboard, it is more like the connection from brain to finger is broken. No, not that. It’s the brain that’s been the problem. A fog has wrapped itself through my head, leaving me dull and thoughtless. It’s not a depressed kind of fog though (thankfully), just a cognitive one.

Now I’ll try to detail some of the highlights as I don’t want to forget them.

I’ll start with the mundane. The poodles got a haircut last Wednesday - they are shorn so short we can almost see their skin. Unfortunately I wasn’t handy with a brush for the last while so their tails and ears had mats in them - off all the hair came, leaving them totally puff-less. This morning it didn’t come as a surprise that they didn’t want to spend time outside in the newly fallen snow (our first this year). Even Spike was huddling next to the door to get inside quickly.


This weekend Mom and I went to Montreal to help with my 5 ½ year old niece while her mother, Tammy, worked at the school fundraiser. We had a great time with Freya - I think both Mom and I were happy to get some one on one time with her. Funny story at the school fair: we were in the ‘craft room’ and while Freya was busy we started talking with her teacher. She immediately assumed that both Mom and I were her grandmothers. WTF!!!!! I tried not to show the horror in my face but immediately corrected her that I was an Aunt. I realized later, with a little counting back on my fingers, that I could be a grandmother if life had been different. Oh boy. I’m that old now :-(


Last weekend Carm and I went to Montreal for a night to spend with my brother Olaf and his family. It was a beautiful day for a drive and we had a lovely evening with them. Sunday morning we all packed into Olaf’s car for a drive deeper into the city. We were going to a pre-screening of the latest movie Olaf had been involved with. ‘The Star’ was a delightful animated film about the birth of Jesus. It was funny, warm, and touching - it even brought tears to both Carm and my eyes. If you have a chance to see it, look for Olaf’s name in the credits :-)  (I was the proud sister as we met his team and other co-workers).


I haven’t done much cooking over the last week and a half: supper at Trudie & Leo’s, lunch @ Jo Ellen and Don’s, supper 3 times @ Olaf & Tammy’s, chicken shawarma take-out one night. It’s no wonder the scale hasn’t budged in a few weeks. And it will be less than two weeks till we feast again on the cruise. Oh boy - good thing I have some stretchy waist things :o/

Silently, one by one, in the infinite meadows of heaven,
Blossomed the lovely stars, the forget-me-nots of the angels.”
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

No comments: