Friday, November 10, 2017

Optimism is the faith

A week has passed since my last post and much has changed. The last of the leaves have fallen, except for a few remaining on the lilac bushes and the odd hanger-on from the Catalpa. We’ve had our first killing frost, and last night, a bit of snow. It was -11c overnight. I can no longer hope that winter will pass us by.

I bundled up for a few walks in the field, my hood pulled tight over my head and my hands stuffed in my pockets. I am NOT ready for winter and wonder how I will even bear it.

I can’t think of what we’ve done except for a few highlights. Jo Ellen and Don came for supper on Wednesday night. Spike loves Jo Ellen and greets her with wild abandon, but Wed after the greeting he went into the bedroom by himself and stayed there for most of the night. What is going on with him? I would love to get into his head to see the world from his perspective, but what would I see? Does he think in pictures? Or is there some sort of doggy language going through his head. I wish there was the technology to see.

Last Saturday we went to the theatre with Trudie & Leo. It is a local group that puts on a few productions a year - we’ve seen two others (one of which was Calendar Girls). It was a musical show about a trailer park in Florida: funny, and once you got past the singing it was good. Not for kids though :-0

Then on one of the days this past week we closed up the camper for the winter. Slides have been retracted and the hitch is out of the truck so we are really stuck for the winter.

We are on the countdown for our Caribbean cruise: under three weeks! As usual I’m having anxiety about going and leaving everything. Sometimes I think it would be easier to stay at home. Thankfully we have Pat to take care of things.

My energy is still better than it was, but I don’t seem to be 100% yet. I’m making an effort and getting on the treadmill most days, but it is harder than it ever has been.

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.”
~Helen Keller

No comments: