Thursday, November 23, 2017

Test of blog on new tablet, plus new app

I got an early Christmas present - the deals are so good right now, and since my old tablet is starting to get a bit wonky we decided to get a replacement. So far I like it, although I find the cursor a bit jumpy at times, maybe I'm just getting used to the new keyboard.


Aside from setting up my new device we did some entertaining. Dave, Trudie and Leo joined us for a spirited evening last night. Dave got lost (again) so the soup turned to stew but I guess it was still okay. Regardless, it didn't stop us from sitting at the table for ages discussing everything under the sun.


One bad thing: no spell check again :-( And for someone who is excessively spelling disabled this is a bad thing.

I've added a few random photos to test the functionality of Blogger dashboard. Usually I write my blog in Google Docs, then add some really small photos, then paste it into Blogger app. Adding the photos in the dashboard might work better, but I'd better test without internet access (like I'll have on the ship), and with photos from my camera's memory card. Wait. I already know the answer: it won't work because blogger dashboard is a website. Darn. I used to have an awesome blog writing tool but it aged out as the developer no longer supported it. That was years ago and since then no better apps have surfaced.

(a while later) I've downloaded a new app and it seems to work(ish).



No comments: