Saturday, July 20, 2019

the final days

I’m in the house taking a respite from the brutal inferno. It’s 32C with a humidex of 46C - too hot for doing much more than watering plants and washing dog crates, both of which involve cold water. Even so, I jumped in the pool a few times to cool off.

Back in the house, I pottered around doing loads of laundry (another set of sheets and more pool towels and another load of dog towels). I’ve done some puppy proofing and set up a crate in our bedroom and another huge one in the living room.

What the heck!!!

We are going to look at an 8 month old Rhodesian Ridgeback (rr) on Wednesday and will bring her home if all goes well. I’m excited and apprehensive at the same time - I have no idea what to expect from an 8 month old dog - what will she know? Will she already have bad habits? She was held back by the breeder as a potential show dog, but unfortunately didn’t grow out of an underbite.

I’ll tell you all about her on Thursday.

Bella has been having good moments and not so good moments. It isn’t time yet as the good is still outweighing the bad. She’s enjoying going outside and is spry enough to trot around the field a bit.


I’ll re-wind just a few days to the final days of Kirsten’s visit. I drove in on Wednesday morning with the giant truck (I could barely fit between driveways in front of Mom & Dad’s). We dorked around for a bit and then went to DQ for lunch (cue sugar overload), and then a bit of shopping. Shenna helped me to pick out an eyebrow brush/filler - way beyond my knowledge of looking good ;-)


At 9:30 pm we piled into the van and struck out for downtown. The sound and light show on Parliament Hill was entertaining.


I spent the night so that I could immerse myself for the last day. We did some shopping, hit-up Tim Hortons, and then Carm stopped by so that we could drive both vehicles home, feed pets, and then return for a final supper. It was a slightly teary good-bye - but we expect that they are moving back so my tears weren’t just of sadness, but also excitement about the future.


No comments: