Tuesday, July 23, 2019

terrible tuesdays

Another terrible tuesday. Carm’s mom is in the hospital and doing rather poorly. We aren’t sure what to expect so are sitting tight hoping for the best outcome. It’s been a hard day for Carm - no matter how well you think you are prepared, you aren’t.

Yesterday was a marathon day starting at the crack of dawn for Carm. He golfed, then we clipped the poodles together. They used to be so well behaved, but I must have nicked them a time or two ago and now they won’t stay still. Getting mad doesn’t help.

After I’d rested up from the flurry of scissors we dashed into town. Costco for new microwave, Best Buy to return the one Carm had gotten the day before, Home Depot to look at some granite countertops, shawarma place for an incredibly late lunch, pet food store to check out foods, Canadian Tire for a plug adaptor, another pet food store, and then finally… home!

The house is all set up for the new pup. We were supposed to meet her tomorrow, but that’s a bit up in the air at the moment.

Today I had Spike at the vet for some blood work - what a little shi% he was with other dogs. I don’t know what to do about him. How is the introduction going to go? I’d like to dial his reactive behaviors back a notch.  I need training help! I downloaded a sample of a book about aggression in dogs but it’s almost $30 so I’m not sure if I’ll take the plunge - if I knew the silver bullet was in its pages there’d be no hesitation.

It’s been a bit cooler the last few days which has been a relief. (although to be honest I like it really hot!)


I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
~Marilyn Monroe

No comments: