Wednesday, July 3, 2019

a jolt of joy

Monday - Canada Day. Everyone headed downtown for the festivities, while Carm and I stayed at home to prepare for the onslaught of hot, hungry adventurers that would be visiting later.



We took a bit of time out of our prep to do a partial clip of Bella. Her breathing was laboured and we thought if she was cooler she’d be more comfortable. So I got to work, and even took down her head and ears. She no longer looks like a poodle, but the releasing of hair seems to have helped her.


Eventually the whole family, except Dad, descended and chaos reigned! After a lunch of giant hotdogs we got into the pool. I brought my camera in for some fun shots. It was crazy with all of us whirling around in the water, but nobody drowned so I guess it was a success ;-)





After they left we fed the beasts and followed them back to Mom & Dad’s for a giant family dinner. I don’t think Mom was the only person emotional about our reunion. We were missing Shawn, but everyone else was at the table. It was a great time.


BTW - I don’t know how Mom throws together a meal for 12 people on the spur of the moment. My hair would be standing on end as I freaked out!


Yesterday Carm and I met Kirsten, Mom and the girls for some house shopping. My fingers are crossed!

It has been a great visit so far and I’m trying to make every moment count. I think though, that some sleep-overs are in order and have a bag packed by the door. Carm seems happy to hold the fort - it’s better than me being gone for a whole month to see Kirsten in NZ.


“A bolt of warmth, fierce with joy and pride and gratitude, flashed through me like sudden lightning. I don’t care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching—they are your family. And they were my heroes.”
~Jim Butcher

No comments: