Sunday, December 29, 2019

clothes horse

‘The Birds’ is on the TV and I can only keep ½ an eye on it as the tension ratchets up, twisting my stomach and squeezing my chest. They are walking out to the car right now, a ragtop, as if that would help in a bird attack. Tippy Hedren stares with blank eyes, blood running down her face. And oh, now he lets the little girl bring her lovebirds, evil little creatures... What! That’s the ending? They just drive off though a field of sitting birds and the credits roll. Hummm...

Today we did the unthinkable and actually cleaned the house. We’ve gotten a leg up on our prep for New Year’s Eve, although the mop will have to pass again on Tuesday - Adia is shedding like crazy - hope no one wears black! We’d hoped for Kari and Trevor to come for a visit, but unfortunately Kari is under-the-weather. Such a drag, especially this time of year. 

In Between flurries of cleaning I worked on my schedule for the next few days. I’ve not been able to keep enough in my brain to wing a big dinner so I plan it out minute by minute. I’ve updated the format which will make reuse easier. We are having Beef Tenderloin again this year and thankfully!!! I made notes in my blog last year about cooking times and temperatures. A bit more reading on the internet firmed my plans for a slow cooked roast. Fingers crossed that it works out!

Last night we watched a marathon of ‘Joanne Lumley's Silk Road’ which was an interesting journey starting in Venice and ending at China’s border (they didn’t get permission to film in China - short sighted on China’s part). She passed through parts of the world that I know very little about. My imagination is fired and if I were more adventurous I’d set out on my own (with Carm of course!).

I spent the night hacking and coughing, covers alternating between over my head and flung off trailing on the floor. I feel that I’m on the final wheezes of my cold - at least I hope so.

We treated ourselves to breakfast at the Country Kitchen yesterday, followed by a productive stop at liquidation. Luck (or was it bad luck) was with me and I found all sorts of things, including some tiny led lights, a cosy fleece lined flannel shirt, a couple of other treasures, and finally two awesome little dog beds. I’ll take them to Kirsten’s for the small dogs - they’ll be perfect for Spike, Tilly, and maybe even Murphy. 


I put one of the beds on the floor when we got home to see if Spike would like it. Well, he’s been in it a few times, but hilariously, so has Adia! She curls herself up into the smallest ball and crams herself into its tiny confines.

Speaking of Adia… she is a little devil… this morning while I was asleep and Carm was otherwise occupied, she emptied the dining room table of a bunch of folded laundry and dragged it all to the bedroom beside me. I don’t think she wrecked anything… but yeesh. Socks and other clothes have to be locked away or she'll sneak them. She's quite the clothes horse! Unfortunately we never seem to catch her in the act.


Don't you ever think that your mind can never harm you just because it is your mind! Your mind can really kill you. From dawn to the time you retire, your mind can be a very good friend to you and your mind can also be your worst friend. What goes into your mind each day becomes your friend so mind your mind!”
~Ernest Agyemang Yeboah

No comments: