Friday, December 27, 2019

grey ice fog

Grey ice fog threatened to blot all life from the earth. We’d had freezing rain overnight and it continued to assault us on and off all day. We had a few errands to run out and about and then I cuddled up on the sofa for the rest of the day, not quite asleep but not awake either.

My cold is much better today. I’m wondering if it’s a cold or allergies… wouldn’t it be a horrible twist of fate if I was allergic to Kirsten’s house!!! I say we do another test soon ;-)

The dogs have been quiet the last few days - all the excitement with their cousins wore them out. Not long for Adia though… she started rocketing around the house before supper so we strapped on some icers and got her outside for some unimpeded running. She was a nut.

On our last night at Kirsten’s, the dogs crashed hard. Spike fell asleep on the dog bed, while Adia disappeared into her crate. No sneaking on the bed for either dog! This morning Spike surprised me by getting off the bed and cuddling in the crate with Adia - they really are becoming good friends.


Last night, with a blanket around my shoulders, I sunk into the sofa to watch ‘Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer’. It’s one of our traditions to watch it on the days leading up to Christmas, but the days slipped by…  tonight it’s a mindless flick with Rock Hudson and Jane Wyman.


That’s the trouble with serious illness, and depression, you can’t imagine being well – like on a cold day you can’t imagine warmth – you live in the everlasting dread-filled moment.”
~Viv Albertine

No comments: