Saturday, December 7, 2019

frozen apples

We haven’t been home for a week yet and already we are back to a routine and feel like we’ve never been away. My trip into the bag of cotton ball reality seems distant and hazy. The pets have settled down and seem to have forgotten that we were gone. 


We’ve both got colds so we’ve been laying mostly low, but did go to Trudie’s for supper last night. Wait a minute! How can I say this? We got home Sunday night, went into the city to a funeral and shopping on Monday, went to Kirsten’s Tuesday, took her to town Wednesday, I stayed with her Wednesday night, came home Thursday, went for supper on Friday, and today I went out to get my nails done and to look for a blanket to put in Adia’s crate… I guess that’s hardly laying low at all!!!

After I got my nails done this morning I stuck my head into Dollarama - there was no way in he$$ that I was going in - there were a million people milling about with carts everywhere. Some of the carts were driven by little kids who had no idea that they kept trapping me in an aisle and bumping into me… I’ll pop in on Monday when the hellions are in school to do my shopping.

There are a few sunspots today - I tried to resist curling up in one on the futon, but failed. With Spike up against my back, I quickly fell asleep.


I’d have company over tonight, but a thick layer of dust would hamper their footsteps. I don’t seem to have the energy to grab a cloth to wipe more than a few surfaces, perhaps I’m hampered by the virus. 

… almost bedtime…

Adia has been outside several times this evening, vigorously ringing her bell get us to open the door. The reason - apples. Frozen apples. And then when she comes in she rockets around the house, sending furniture flying and infuriating Spike. So much for a peaceful pre-bed bit of tv watching. Oh, there she is ringing it again - this time I’m ignoring her.


The question is not how to get cured, but how to live.”
~Joseph Conrad

No comments: