Sunday, June 27, 2021

dancing in the streets

 It took 11 hours of sleep overnight plus 2 hours yesterday afternoon before I felt back to normal, however my muse has not yet returned so I’ll have to hack this out for posterity.


I’d had a few early mornings last week leading up to this weekend's stay at the villetta, and then there were a few late nights on the weekend coupled with early mornings. Gosh I was exhausted! 


Our weekend started on Wednesday afternoon after golf. We loaded a bunch of stuff, including my amazing vacuum, into the car and then headed cross-country to our vacation home. It was easy to unload and soon we were settled. Kirsten joined us for a quick beverage and then we headed to SF for a wee bit of shopping. It wasn’t long after we were back before K&S came by for an after supper drink. Ahhh!


Thursday we trundled over to Perth for a new tv remote and a scenic drive. We weren’t back for long before Olaf, Stephanie & Freya arrived. I sat on the sidelines watching everyone struggle to erect the nylon tent as they made their home for the next two nights. Graham arrived sometime before supper. Then the festivities began. 



I did some of the cooking and baking last week in preparation for the festivities which made some of the meals a bit easier, although Kirsten and the girls bore the brunt of the work.



Mom and Dad came by for lunch on Friday - it was cloudy and ever so slightly cool - perfect for some time on the patio although some did brave the frigid waters of the pool.



Friday night our hair all came down (those that have hair) and we danced and sang and rejoiced late into the night. It was wonderful! 



We came home yesterday after a congenial breakfast and hearty good-byes. 


The dogs have barely budged. We’ve been leaving Adia loose in the camper when we head over to K’s - I’ve heard her howl a few times but otherwise she’s settled in. At times I’d bring them over to the patio or for a little walk in the backyard - Adia was good for sticking around but Spike would eventually wander off, confused about where he was. I have to keep an eagle eye on him as he would for sure get lost. When I call him he is often unable to locate where I am, more reason to keep a close eye on him.




Awesome!


“a hot bath after a few days of short ‘navy’ showers”

“dancing and singing all night”

“having a 2 hour nap after we got home”

“seeing everyone so happy”

“the vibrant green of the young cedar”


No comments: