Thursday, June 3, 2021

raindrops on roses

 This morning I woke up to the sound of light rain pattering on leaves. Oh, such a lovely sound when you’ve just come out of the driest May in over a century. I could almost hear the earth sigh in relief. The rain didn’t last all day and wasn’t nearly enough, but the rain guage was still celebrating the 18mm that did fall.


We were ‘up and at em’ this morning as I had the extreme pleasure of going to the dentist to have a filling redone. Carm dropped me off to do a Costco run and visit his sister - both more pleasant than my time in the chair. It wasn’t actually that bad - Dr. Racicot has the latest technology, including a way to freeze that doesn’t include that huge, horrible needle. 


I don’t get out much in the car so I’ve become accustomed to moving so fast. A trip down the 417 is nerve wracking...


We weren't home for Spike’s afternoon pee break which is when he’s had accidents in the past. I got some ‘belly band’ diapers for him but hadn’t tried them yet, so, with fingers crossed I fastened one around his belly. Would it stay on? It fit around him nicely and by some sort of miracle, it was still on him when we got home. No accident - he was pretty happy to get outside..


Heat wave is starting tomorrow so we’ll be swimming again by the weekend! Hurrah.


I did some sewing yesterday… not the dreaded cushions tho. Instead I fashioned silver nylon webbing into 2 custom leashes. I’ve got one more length left for the camper tie-out but I don't think it’s long enough - might have to order another reel!



Awesome!


“sunlight dappling through leaves will always be a pleasure for me”

“leaves dripping with raindrops”

No comments: