Saturday, June 5, 2021

sleepless

 We watched golf all afternoon, cheering on the leader as he played an amazing game. zzzzzzzzech… on the 18th hole they came out to tell him he has covid-19 and had to withdraw from the tourney. It’s not gone yet…


I woke up (or did I? I actually think I never got to sleep) with plans for doing some things with the trailer. However, a thunderstorm rolled in at 11am and the skies never really cleared after that. Occasional rumbles of thunder through the afternoon kept us safely inside. 


All in all we only got a measly 1mm. Not even enough to wash off the dust.


We found things to do though… a package of giant hotdogs is resting in the freezer after being enhanced with cheese and bacon, and Carm made me a giant jar of chopped garlic. We still have a little bit of garlic left from last year, enough to last till harvest in July. I love having a jar of the pungent allium ready to spoon into whatever I’m cooking.


I started reading some Ray Bradbury today.


The trailer waits patiently.


Today’s post is a bit of a bust as my eyelids are drooping and my brain has been stunned. Racing thoughts about dumb stuff kept me awake for almost the whole night last night. I looked up stuff on my phone, I shopped Amazon, I read facebook, I read some posts from last year, I stared at the ceiling, I got up and walked around multiple times… I might have dozed off for a few short minutes. Dooh!



Awesome!


“some of the peony buds are starting to open”

“watching the rain come down”

“chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven”

No comments: