Friday, June 4, 2021

sew sew silver

 Expletives flew out of my mouth, I stomped my feet in fury, then stood up and threw the offending item down… yes… I was sewing… and it wasn’t going well. Why do I torture myself doing something that obviously frustrates me so much? I say it builds moral fibre.


In the end though, I got the last of the dog tie-outs/leashes/collar done and am happy with the result. For the collar I took an old chain martingale collar and used bolt cutters to remove the chain (another adventure in frustration). It was (almost) easy to replace the chain with webbing. Unfortunately I made it too long and had to rip out some ugly sewing. In the end it fits perfectly. The bright silver looks awesome on Adia’s red fur.


I LOVE the silver webbing and may have to order another roll to make a long piece for Spike to drag around as well as some belts and bags. Sewing projects swirl in my head (ha ha ha). 


I also made 4 little lumbar support pillows out of outdoor toile fabric to have on the villetta. Some of it is shoddy workmanship but I challenge you to point that out to me! I just might take a swing at you!



We are on the cusp of a wicked heat wave! And by the time supper was done the water was just shy of 74F/24C. I didn’t stay in long but honestly it wasn’t too bad.


Since his haircut Spike has been doing great. He’s been rejuvenated and is perky and running around having fun. Oh, he’s still sleeping for most of the time but when he does get up it’s with pricked ears and bright eyes. I think he’s resigned to being carried up and down the stairs and onto the bed but he cooperates so it’s no big deal for us to help him.



Have you been following the reports about UFO’s? I’m trying not to pay attention as an alien invasion is something I don’t want to think about. I’ve seen ‘Independence Day’ way too many times to think it would be a cordial meeting.



Awesome!


“the satisfaction that comes from a job finished”

“hearing Spike run up and down the hallway”

“a few little tomatoes on the plants in the barrels!”

“the smell of the world as I walk down the laneway - sweet”

No comments: