Thursday, July 14, 2022

board

 Day 7. Overcast with threat of rain - high of 23C. Sun came out after lunch to heat things up for the hard workers. It didn’t get much warmer but it felt hot and steamy (especially after the small amount of rain that we got early afternoon).


The rest of the posts for the railings went up - lots of fiddly work kept John and Roy busy till after lunch with just a short break for eating (red pepper basil hummus w pita, rice krispie squares) - maybe they can see the end in sight or maybe they are excited about getting some decking down. I am excited to see some boards on the floor!


Carm and I had the lazy job of assembling the two gates - the instructions were either terrible or my brain was struggling… the second gate went better.



I CANNOT believe how many pieces of wood it takes to make a deck. I should have counted! Oh, and the scrap pile… practically nonexistent.



The first decking board was screwed on around 2pm… I won’t lie, I was so excited that I was nearly crying. 



We discussed ‘skirting’ today… I wasn’t really thinking we’d do any but gosh, it will look completed with the bottom filled in. We’ll need to put in another $$$ wood order…  I can’t believe how expensive wood is now even though it has ‘apparently’ come down in price from last year.




Awesome!


“rice krispie squares”

“Adia having the zoomies as we sat around eating lunch”

“first deck board being screwed down”

“John planing the joists to make sure they are level”

“more decking down!”

“Lupa ‘helping’ us assemble the gate”



No comments: