Monday, July 25, 2022

a grand finale

 Day 14. Final contact. It was a beautiful morning with lots of sunshine and a bit of a breeze. John & Roy were here at 7:30 and got to work on the final stairs. Before I knew it they were installing the gates, then they moved 3 super heavy benches up the 5 steps onto the deck. They disassembled their work area and with a blink of an eye were gone before Carm even got home from golf..


How would I rate the experience? An easy 5/5.


the last screw


I putzed around for the rest of the morning, having Carm move one heavy thing after another while I played with fluffy pillows. Happy.


We decided that an umbrella would be good so we dashed off to a semi-distant Home Hardware. With a stroke of luck, there was a blue umbrella! I also found 3 giant black planters which hold the old scummy planters.



This afternoon Jo Ellen and Don came for a late lunch. It was sunny and not too hot.


With the gates on we can block the dogs onto the deck so they can stay out  with us if it isn’t too hot, which reminds me, I have to dig out the outside dog bed that I have somewhere. It’s blue & white striped so it fits with the decor ;-)





Awesome!


“it’s finished!”

No comments: