Wednesday, July 13, 2022

stairway to heaven

 Day 6. Sunny and warm but not brutally hot.


More fiddly work was done on the framing around the pool and the stairs between levels were framed. The first three railing posts were screwed into place. Progress is steady but there is so much more work that I envisioned. It’s a darn good thing that Carm and I didn’t try to build it ourselves!



I’m starting to get pretty excited about it and have been sleuthing the internet looking for furniture that I might like (probably for next year but I can’t help but look now!). I dashed out this afternoon and bought 3 outdoor cushions for the iron benches and a quilt to go over the ratty old swing. I love the swing but it has seen better days and seems too shabby to go onto the new deck!


Carm started taking nails out of the old 2x8s from the old deck. He figured one board had over 60 nails! What the heckity heck!





Awesome!


“shopping for deck accessories!”

“getting 4 packs of bacon cooked and stored”

“Lupa coming running across the field when I called her”

No comments: