Friday, July 15, 2022

ladder of st augustine

 Day 8. Sunny and hot - high of 27C. I am cool in the house but I can tell from the wet shirts outside that it’s hot. I’ve been out a few times of course - both to see the progress and to bring snacks. Today I made zucchini muffins for morning break, and zucchini & bacon wraps along with a Korean hard boiled egg for lunchtime snack. 



At 1:30 John was finished decking the pool level (except for some fussy stuff that he’ll do on Monday) so we installed the pool ladder! The levels were perfect. There’s a few big piles of sawdust on the deck - should I just vacuum them with my regular vacuum or dig the wet vac out of the depths of the basement? Or maybe I should just sweep them into a dustpan.



As we were sitting under the trees having lunch I noticed Lupa rolling around in the grass but didn’t clue in to the fact that she was grinding stinky stuff into her fur… bath time for Bonzo. She’s small enough to quickly do her in my tub.



As I lay in bed last night, brain on overdrive, I thought back to the early days with Lupa and that kind witch lady that cast a ‘good dog’ spell over Lupa. Yes, she has turned into a good dog. Oh, she could learn to bark less and we don’t know how she is with other dogs as she hasn’t been exposed for so long. She does sometimes bark at people, especially if they picked her up without her ‘permission’. Once back on the ground she makes her preferences known! 


She’s curled up against my legs now, and unless she and Adia are playing, I can count on her being close. She snugs up in bed but doesn’t seem to take much space. I love the feeling of her warmth against my back as I drift to sleep. She’s funny and bold and into everything. There were only a few deck boards down before she jumped onto the deck to check it out. I have to keep her out from underfoot as she likes to be in the thick of things.


We ordered a furniture set! It has a sofa (long enough to nap on), 2 club type chairs, and a low coffee table. We ordered another giant deck box to hide away all the pool cleaning stuff.


Oh, and it’s our 33rd anniversary today :-) We’ll have a glass of bubbles on the deck…



Awesome!


“installing the pool ladder!!!!”

“pool level (mostly) done”

“33 years of wedded bliss”

“big thick steaks for supper”



No comments: