Sunday, October 16, 2022

the trailer is winterized but I'm not

 Sunday, October 16th and the trailer is already tucked into bed for the winter. The water system has been winterized, perishables and various other liquids have been brought into the house, leaving just the odd bit and bob to come inside.


I found one stash of dog food… I did not put dog food into the drawer with Carm’s clothes so it could only have been from that wicked mouse that was scrabbling in the cupboard above the bed, keeping us awake for much of the night on Friday. Yesterday Carm put out some traps: one inside and the other in the front storage compartment. Overnight he caught 1 in the front but nothing inside. I did find other signs of mice as I emptied cupboards and drawers so I expect that the traps will be busy.


The last of my herbs have been stored into jars and bins leaving just skeletons hanging from the ceiling of the old bird room.


I woke up feeling okay again today :-) It’s usually a good sign when I sing the good morning song to Grace when I get up. She doesn’t sing along with me but bobs her head in agreement.


When you open your eyes

To a brand new morning

And the sun shines

Above you

You pull on your breeches and say

Oh well,

It's the start of a brand new day

10cc


I can’t find the name and lyrics of the other song I sing but it goes like this:

Good morning, good morning

open up your eyes

it’s a brand new day today, it’s a brand new day!


It was a busy day so it was nice to find time to have Kari over for supper :-) Time sure passes quickly between visits.



Awesome!


“the last bin of stuff removed from the trailer”

No comments: