Thursday, May 23, 2024

a squish and a jab

A squish here and a jab there and a poke over there and 3 hours later we left the hospital with me fully ambulatory… and with lots of handouts and instructions in-hand. I'm all set for Tuesday, except for Monday's dreaded lymphoscintigraphy!


One of my nightmares almost came true!!! After the mammogram I asked where to go for the pre-op appointment and must have misunderstood as we waited at the wrong place, and when 1pm rolled on by I started to panic and looked for someone else to ask! Yikes! We were definitely in the wrong location so beetled it to where we needed to be. Thank goodness for small hospitals as we didn't have far to go. The receiving nurse was very calm and joked that it gave her a few extra minutes for her lunch… she didn't take my blood pressure right away 😅 as it was surely very elevated!


Anyway, we made it and had the meeting, after which the anesthesiologist decided to send me for an ECG due to my low heart rate, and then blood work just to make sure everything was okay since I blacked out yesterday. All was good :-)



Once we were freed from the confines of the hospital we dashed over to liquidation so I could look at the folding chairs Carm had seen there - they are padded and perhaps more comfortable than the little wooden chairs on the camper that we pull out when we have company. Twenty three bucks plus 30% off! A good score!


The dogs went berserk when we got home, jumping and running and going crazy but they settled down quickly. They've been getting better with shorter excited times but I think I better check the camera to see if Lupa relaxes at all…


The garden has been postponed for another day… but tomorrow for sure!


It was another sleepless night though… I thought that being so wiped out yesterday would have had me asleep in no time, but alas, I started feeling better and then my mind started worrying about this and that. Mom had an appointment with her cancer doctors today and since she hadn't gotten her scan results back I was awfulizing (she got the all-clear!)… then I was sure that I'd pass out during the mammogram again… then there was the worry about getting to the right place… and then and then… I am my own worst enemy!


Yesterday was a day for comfort food… a big hot bowl of pasta with tomato sauce was just what I wanted and followed that up with a chocolate bar. 😱 Tonight we got back to taking care of ourselves with a giant bowl of vegetables and beans - it looked good and tasted good!



Awesome!


“five minute mammogram”

“quick bloodwork”

“heart checks out fine”


No comments: