Wednesday, May 22, 2024

phase one done

 Another beautiful summer day after yesterday's rain! Carm got the garden spaded and will plant tomorrow, I'll do the herbs tomorrow morning if I can fit it in. We also had to clean out some of the gutters that were overtopping during the heavy rain yesterday.


Today was phase one of my treatment: insertion of a magnetic seed. Sounds easy right? It was… mostly, but after the 3rd of 4th time of inserting the needle to get it correctly placed and perhaps my 8th mammogram, I passed out cold! It took about 45 minutes of cold cloths on my head and feet before I could stand under my own power and even then they wheeled me to the car. So frustrating that I couldn't MAKE my body behave! I felt like such a woos but just couldn't overcome it with willpower… I still feel woozy and weak hours later… This was supposed to be the easy one.


I was really glad that Carm insisted on coming as I don't know how I would have driven home!


Everyone was really nice but! It was the technician's third time doing it and the doctor's FIRST. Gosh, I'm all for learning, but maybe not on me 😱  A representative from the magnetic seed company (Molli Surgical) was there to explain things and oversee. She was lovely. She'll be there on the day of surgery as well to help the surgeon with using the new technology. It's pretty cool how it works (but I'm glad I'll be under general anaesthetic)... 


Good news though :-) I've been given the go ahead for pool time after today. Monday that will change, but I feel like I've been given a gift of a few extra days of summer.


Ha ha! I thought I'd be able to walk on the treadmill and plant the herbs this afternoon… Not!


Oh! I was sitting on the back steps while Carm cooled himself and a hummingbird came within 2 feet of me to check out a geranium blossom. It was only there for a few seconds but made my day.


Tomorrow I have to go back for another mammogram and a pre-op meeting with anesthesiologist.



Awesome!


“waking up”

“lovely people at the hospital”

“hummingbird”

“step one done”

No comments: