Monday, May 27, 2024

will I be a smurf

 If you have it in your heart, please send a thought my way tomorrow morning! I have to be at the hospital for 6:45 and then there is about an hour of prep before they put me under… I've been pretty calm about the whole thing, but today I've got butterflies - both about my procedure this afternoon and then tomorrow.


Not sure which is the worst anxiety today - the anxiety about getting to the hospital in the city on time or the procedure itself. They will be injecting some sort of radioactive isotope… which apparently will make me look like a smurf afterwards! 🥶  I've pre-written about it in my head and the main gist is that it was no big deal! Ha ha, let's see if that's true!


Yesterday I dragged myself around all day again… finally coming to the conclusion that it was the lorazepam that the doctors okayed for sleep and anxiety. I felt light-headed and woozy - it was very unpleasant and made every effort gargantuan. I did manage to get a bean salad made, my favourite roasted mushrooms done, as well as a double batch of roasted broccoli. So I've got some healthy choices ready for the next few days.


We went to Trudie and Leo's for an early supper yesterday. We were outside in her lovely garden - it really is an oasis. She made hamburgers, which I was going to pass on (I'd brought a bean salad to share), but the smell of the cooking meat swayed my resolve! It was delicious 😋  and I didn't feel guilty at all.


2pm… Well, I can't recall a time that I have been this stressed… an hour before we were due to leave we got a tornado warning and the radar showed a line of thunderstorms from home to the city. I paced and started freaking out so we decided to leave even earlier in case the drive took a lot of extra time… it was pouring buckets for the first half of the drive, we could barely see the road… luckily it slowed down when we got to the highway! So we made it with plenty of time and even got to the right place 😄 now waiting…



Later in the day… that was easy and quick and painless! Hurrah! It was just one needle with both the local anaesthetic and isotope in one go. There was no tornado and I didn't embarrass myself and pass out! The whole thing took maybe 10 minutes (max), the technician was lovely, and I walked out of there starving! Such a release of stress I could have eaten a couple of hamburgers (and still might have one for supper!).


We were in the neighbourhood so popped in to see Mom, Dad, Graham for a short visit and were on our way home in just light rain. I'm glad to have that over with, now just tomorrow to get through!



Awesome!


“supper in Trudie's lush garden”

“a somewhat better sleep”

“over and done in 10 minutes”

“no tornado!”

No comments: