Friday, June 28, 2024

solitude

 I've been back at the villetta since Monday afternoon enjoying some solitude and visits with my Mom. The days have been lazy (for me) with a few walks with the dogs, lots of naps, and slogging through the latest book I've been reading. It's been restorative :-) There's nothing like some time in the villetta to recentre and recover.


The weather has been ‘variable’... from beautiful mornings, rain, cold and windy days, and more rain… no worries about watering the plants :-/ I've been in the pool several times, but not yesterday as it was barely 20C with a wind chill! This morning I squeezed into my new bikini and took a quick dip after walking the dogs! It's not hot and the water was bracing and oh so refreshing :-)


The dogs have been good and are enjoying their 3km walks twice a day! They are getting better at walking on their leashes, not so much criss-crossing now! My left arm is now fully functional which helps with excited dogs on leashes - the doctor gave me the go ahead for normal use on Monday.


Back to Monday, I had the followup appointment with the surgeon. She was pleased with my recovery and said that it was fine to go back to normal activities… including planks (which I have not started up again yet…). I've had no trouble hefting hay nets or buckets of water :-) Dr. Davey has referred me to the Cancer Centre for the next round of care.


The hospital called me Wednesday, (2 days after the referral!) to set up 2 appointments - the first with the medical oncologist - that will be on July 8th. The second is with the radiation oncologist on the 16th of July. I'm looking forward to getting the next stage of treatment going.


Oh! We booked a Caribbean cruise for November! I've been dithering but decided that I really want a few formal nights so that I can wear my newly fitting sequin dress and golden gown :-) And Carm will fit into his suit… It's a crazy reason for going on a cruise, but I suppose any reason is a bit nuts. 


Yesterday, in time for supper, Olaf, Steph, and Freya arrived to stay for a few nights.


I've been eating like a horse and am scared to step onto the scale tomorrow… it will be back to salads and beans tomorrow!



Awesome!


“getting a good result at the doctor's - no second surgery required”

“a few good nights of sleep”

“walking on the road with the dogs”

“music on a lazy afternoon with rain pitter pattering on the roof”

“time with my Mom”

No comments: