Tuesday, June 18, 2024

steam oven

 Yesterday felt like the first day of summer! The air was, and still is, heavy with perfumed air and the heat is almost oppressive but gosh, it feels good! Looking back, it seems like I've been in some sort of cocoon for the last few months, but yesterday, I had a strong 70 minute walk on the treadmill and then wandered around outside with the dogs for a while, actually taking note of my surroundings, breathing in the wonderful scents of summer. There is no commercial air freshener that rivals what Nature herself produces in the summer.


It was also my first day in the pool since mid May! It was an honest 72F/23C when I finally immersed myself and GOSH it felt so good! Then I puttered around setting up the deck for company (Trudie & Leo came for supper - we haven't had them over since mid April - life really got in the way for a few months!). My crazy plant-based anti-cancer diet makes it harder to come up with company ready meals… so I  threw a few sausages into the instant pot and there were lots of leftover salads from the weekend… easy, and I could stick with the healthy stuff ;-)


There was a brisk breeze that kept it from getting oppressive but even still, the sun was strong, but that doesn't keep Adia from lying in the sun - there's lots of shade but she is a sunbather through and through! Kabira was the same - she loved soaking up the heat. Lupa keeps to the shade, mooching around looking for something to do or eat…


Speaking of eating, the dogs tricked me into second breakfast yesterday morning! Carm has been remembering to shut the dogs out of the bedroom when he leaves for golf (I flipped out at him last week, and by flipped out, I mean yelling and screaming F's at him 😱 - I was pretty sleep deprived at that point and it showed!)... anyway, when I got up, they acted like they'd missed breakfast and were starving, it was so late! Ha! More fool me!


This morning the weather is much the same - hot and humid. I did 70 minutes on the treadmill with Kirsten but not at as high an intensity as yesterday - I was boiling - hot flashes and humidity slowed me down. I've ordered a clip-on fan for the treadmill which should ease the heat a bit :-) After the treadmill I dunked into the pool - oh bliss!



Awesome!


“swimming!!!! hurrah!”

“sleeping in”

“company on a beautiful evening on the deck”

No comments: