Thursday, June 20, 2024

victoria quilts

 Just as the heavens unleashed a torrent of rain there was a soft knock at the front door… Yikes - it had totally slipped my mind that a lovely lady was dropping off a special gift for me. We ushered Anne into the house, dragging the dogs back, inviting her and her chauffeur in for tea.


Anne brought a beautiful quilt that Jo Ellen arranged for me to receive, hand-made by the Russell chapter of Victoria's Quilts. I don't really feel worthy, but will enjoy the comfort that it will bring me through the next stages of my treatment (which aren't yet known! Will know more on Monday.)



The heat dome is still baking us with unbearable heat and humidity - with the humidex it was 111F/44C yesterday! I drove to Kirsten's in the afternoon to spend a girls night - when I got there the villetta was at a balmy 94F/35C! I got the fans running but it was slow to cool down… after a few hours it had cooled to 88F… I couldn't get the AC running (bad switch on the thermostat), but Kirsten had the magic touch and got it running by bedtime! It was still a bit of a sauna all night - I was glad that I had left the dogs at home!



Kirsten and I had a sweaty in-person walk this morning - we only managed 40 minutes as it was already sickenly hot… Kirsten could have gone longer but I'm a weakling in the heat!


I remember what a huge sense of accomplishment that I had the first time I drove there by myself - now I've driven it so many times that it's almost like going to the corner store :-)



Awesome!


“first outdoor shower of the year!”

“in person walking”

“supper on the patio by the pool”

“a quilt!”

“scoring some great planters at liquidation”

No comments: