Sunday, June 16, 2024

togs

 I haven't fallen off the face of the earth and nor have I been languishing in bed! It's been a busy few weeks with trips away and celebrations here. I'm doing great, almost all healed up, just some discomfort where the missing parts were, but I suspect it will be like that for a while. And not bad enough from stopping me from doing much, in fact I have to remind myself not to be lifting heavy things!


I got the pathology report - some things I can interpret (nothing in the lymph nodes!), but other parts I'm not sure about. My appointment with the surgeon is June 24th so we'll have to wait till then to get the final say. Assuming there is not another surgery I imagine my care will be transferred to the Cancer Centre in the city.


Now I'll do a bit of time travel… way way back on the 8th of June we packed up the car for a trip to Kirsten's. The rally (which we skipped this year) was having the potluck on Sunday, the 9th, so we figured we'd head to Kirsten's a day early to get the dogs settled before we left them in Kirsten's capable hands for our trip to Kingston. The clouds raced across the sky all day, thunderstorms and rain skirting us for the most part, with the radar showing a big line of storms due to hit Kingston just at supper time… but Mother Nature was on our side and we just got a few raindrops :-)


It was so great to see everyone - and we both had a big case of FOMO seeing our site sitting empty! But honestly, as well as I'm doing, at that point it would have been too much to get the trailer ready for a week away, not to mention dealing with the dogs on leashes for a week. But at least we got to have a short visit :-) Everyone was so kind and supportive about my journey!



We stayed at Kirsten's until Tuesday afternoon as we were having some work done on the trailer. George came midday to install a fantastic fan in the vent in the living room - it will be awesome for keeping things cool, and also for pulling air through when we are cooking. It worked out well as Glendale had left wiring in place and since George was a pro, he was able to track down the other end and make the connection to power. It couldn't have worked out better. He's going to return this week one day to re-install the vent cover and do some caulking on the roof - maintenance that needs doing!


By then I was exhausted (oh for a proper night's sleep!), so had a quiet day on Wednesday, but there was no rest for the wicked for the next few days. Dentist, shopping, and Costco filled the day Thursday, then Friday was spent in the kitchen making food for our family celebration on Saturday. Oh yes, I did a major tidy - so much stuff had migrated from the trailer and was distributed around making the place look like a mess!



Yesterday the family came to celebrate Mom's 80th birthday! The weather cooperated, letting us spend part of the day outside. Aunt Kristine is visiting from Alberta - she ordered a gorgeous cake which made a lovely centerpiece. 😍  Everyone seemed to have a good time but we were certainly missing a few family members… 



Today will be a day of rest, but unfortunately the nights have been cool so the pool is at a frosty 66F! No swimming for the next few days - I haven't been in the pool since the day before I got the magnetic seed which was May 21st! 



Awesome!


“surgical strips off - I'll definitely have scars but they won't be as bad as I thought”

“a bath!”

“family gathering”

“first costco hotdog in years”

“feeling stronger on the treadmill”

“seeing friends at the rally”

“croissant with egg salad”

No comments: