Monday, January 13, 2020

a day lost

I juggled my phone and some treats this afternoon so that I could capture a few moments of ‘deek the lion’. The participants jumped and ran and deeked and swerved in a fluid dance on the icy snow.



Pat came for supper last night so I used the time to work on ‘relax’, Adia’s new behaviour. I had a clear idea in my head of where I wanted to end up (down on one hip with head lowered and relaxed). We started with down on one hip, an easy place to start as she gives me that anyway. Then, slowly, inch by inch, got her head resting on her paws, if only for an instant.  I am always amazed at how quickly a behaviour can be built, without any physical contact, using only a verbal marker (yes) paired with a treat, and good timing.




I lolled around for much of the day, troubleshooting the wicked battery drain on my tablet (haven’t figured it out yet), until finally we decided to go out for a bit of shopping. Scored big at liquidation, got some potatoes on sale at Giant Tiger, and so the afternoon went, amazing deals everywhere we turned. If I had heard the weather forecast I never would have agreed to go as freezing rain had a prominent place in the reports. However, it was okay with some ice on the edges of some roads.

I took these photos on my phone and edited them in Lightroom - they looked great. Now that they are on my tablet… not so great! Is it Google Docs? Or my tablet? Or the resize app? I can see what I’ll be doing tomorrow…


We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.”
~Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche