Tuesday, January 7, 2020

the rise of skywalker

I blinked my eyes as I stepped out of the darkened building, taking a moment to reorient myself. No, I wasn’t on some distant planet with weird characters around me, no that wasn’t an x-wing fighter… I was standing on the sidewalk looking at a crowded parking lot with bits of grey sludge at the edges. The sky was grey. It was slightly anti-climatic.

We’d met up with Jo Ellen and Don for an afternoon escape to watch Star Wars. We were at the theatre with the comfy seats reclined to a comfortable angle and the screen was at the perfect height to immerse us in the action. 3D glasses perched on our noses as the film started rolling - when the introductory words started scrolling across the screen I was transported back to 1977 to a theatre playing the first episode. Back then we were amazed by the spectacle! I’ll admit to still being transported by the story.

I told myself that I wouldn’t eat popcorn anymore… but WHO THE HECK can watch a movie without popcorn! I was careful though and came through unscathed.

Once home we released the hounds and they hurtled around outside for a bit, but not for long enough as later in the evening, both of them started misbehaving. Spike spurred Adia on and before we knew it she was ricocheting around the house. It was clearly time to get her outside. She zoomed around the field, like one of the weird modes of transport in the movie. Eventually her fuel sputtered out and we could go back inside. But not before she unearthed an apple.


The other night I made Thai Spicy Peanut Curry which was a big hit. It was reasonably easy to make, although I’ll add more vegetables next time. I’ve gotten mired in an endless repeat of meals so plan to branch out a bit - I’m getting sick of the same old thing!


Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all.”
~Emily Dickinson

No comments: