Tuesday, December 13, 2022

i spy with my little eye

 The sun is shining and some flour, butter, and sugar has been tossed around the kitchen for the first batch of cookies: Norwegian Serinakaker. They aren’t our favourite ones, (although I like them a lot), but they do make a big batch which will start to fill a few cookie tins. It’s a fun cookie to make as everything needs to be done by hand, very tactile :-) The dough has to sit in the fridge overnight so we won’t get to sample until tomorrow.


Maybe I will make 7 kinds after all ;-)


Or maybe just 6 kinds and a batch of Norwegian Cardamom buns!



I’ve gotten on the treadmill a few times in the last week - only for 10 minutes at first - instead of duration I’m going for intensity using the incline to give my muscles a workout quickly. I felt pretty good this morning so did 16 minutes - enough to feel the burn and get a good sweat up. It might not seem like much of an effort but defeating the inertia of getting off the sofa is a hurdle!


I’m almost afraid to jinx myself, but my anxiety seems to have gone away except for tiny twinges that are easily overlooked. I don’t know if quitting the lithium had anything to do with it, or maybe my system was reset by 10 days in the sun… either way I’ll take it! I haven’t started taking CBD again yet - it seems prudent to roll with the flow for now!


Sunspots abound with the sun so low in the sky… the dogs are stretched out in one and soon (it’s 2pm now), it will bathe my spot on the sofa in blazing light. Ah! The joys of a sunny winter day! 



We got our new glasses yesterday. Buying them online seems like a crap shoot, but I’ve only had trouble with one pair - weirdly I think they are the pair that I unearthed from my giant stash of glasses a few weeks ago and they are now perfect.  


Last week I saw a recipe for a lemon, ginger, and honey mixture for tea and since I love a nice cup of tea, not to mention honey and lemon, I gave it a shot. It’s just basically diced lemon, fresh ginger, all covered with honey. I didn’t use as much ginger as was called for but I like it as it is. It keeps in the fridge for over a month, but it surely won’t last that long as it’s lovely to spoon into my afternoon tea :-)




Awesome!


“butter and flour between my fingers”

“bright sun and white snow”

“dogs having fun outside”

“feeling great on the treadmill!”



No comments: