Monday, December 19, 2022

seven of seven

 With the aroma of cardamom, sugar, and butter in the air the last of the seven kinds of cookies are baked. The gingerbread still needs to be decorated but that will be for tomorrow. Today Christmas wandered upstairs in the form of an already decorated Christmas tree and a myriad of smaller trees decked out with fairy lights :-) I didn’t even open 2 of the decoration bins but I feel that the lily has been gilded and that there’s enough decor to collect dust.


I couldn’t convince Carm to iron the tablecloth so it looks like heck but I guess I couldn’t be bothered to do it myself either!



We also got cracking this afternoon and put some white fairy lights around the railing on the back deck. They are there to stay year round, at least until they break. It’s pretty on the dark snowy nights and will also draw out the long summer evenings.



I’ve been out on the snowshoes the last 3 days! Lots and lots (and lots) of snow means lots of work to get through the unbroken drifts. I’ve managed to pack down a few short loops in the field but gosh, it’s hard breaking a new trail. Especially with Lupa trying to stay on the back of my snowshoes :-/ It was glorious! 


We think we can make out where the beaver may have built its lodge…


Sunday night we joined Trudie, Leo, and Leo’s cousin Gio, for a wintery supper. It was one of those nights when gathering by a fire was the perfect way to spend an evening. As a bonus, Carm was able to get Trudie’s tablet working again :-)



The dogs have been enjoying the snow - I can’t figure out what’s so great about it, especially for Lupa who is close to the ground - she has to struggle to break a new path. And she gets covered in little snowballs that must be freezing. But she carries on with glee.



Awesome!


“the smell of Swedish Cardamom cookies baking”

“little twinkle lights everywhere”

“Christmas music”

“a freezer full of cookies!”

“the snow is a perfect texture”


No comments: