Friday, December 9, 2022

technology ugh

 The phone was gripped in my hand as I raged against the newest system update… bluetooth wasn’t working and I wanted music NOW. The urge to hurl it to the floor in frustration was strong but somehow good sense won out. After rebooting twice, switching bluetooth on and off countless times to try to find the devices, I passed it to Carm. Somehow - and I really don’t understand how, maybe I had already gotten it to the point of almost working but he did remove all of the old entries - my speaker was discovered and paired. I raged some more and then got into a hot tub with some of my favourite songs to ease my anger.


Today I was able to pair everything else with no problem. The update did screw up some of my widgets, including the one that counted the days since the first isolation of the pandemic started. We are inching up on 1000 days since that scary time.


I hope the update fixes the irritating problem of initiating mobile data which previously required a series of steps that sometimes got around the issue of mobile data not working and sometimes didn’t… I’d test it now (first thing Friday morning) but I don’t want to start my day on a bad note.


Yesterday wasn’t all bad, in fact the start of the day was quite lovely with bright sunshine and a trip to the ‘middle town’ to meet Kirsten for a quick shawarma lunch :-) The excuse was a shopping excursion to Bulk Barn for some fennel seeds (I use them when I make rice), and a few kinds of candies to adorn gingerbread men - assuming that I shelve my diet for a few weeks of cookie madness! I’m down 15 pounds in almost a year - it’s slow going as I’m not making drastic changes but I’ve been on a roll lately!



Wednesday we braved the rain for a trip into Costco, stopping first at the business centre. It’s a wonderland of giant products, most too big for a normal sized fridge. We did find some treasures :-)  From there we went to Home Depot to look at countertops. We didn’t see anything that we both loved… The last things on our list were gleaned from the regular Costco and then we were on our way home. Almost four hours later Lupa was hysterically leaping and barking in excitement at our return. I wondered if she thought we’d gone away for ages again!



There are still no Christmas things deployed but I did switch over pillows and blankets for winter colours… burgundy features heavily in the living room now. I wanted to bring up the shabby Asian carpet but with Lupa still chewing things I figured we’d just get frustrated. Maybe next year.


Trudie, Leo, and Marie joined us for supper tonight, our first company since our trip. Lupa won over Marie with her cuddly ways :-)


Three weeks ago today we left on our adventure in the Caribbean… it seems like a year ago!




Awesome!


“bright sunshine”

“a huge flock of snow geese glinting in the sun”


No comments: