Friday, December 16, 2022

is that your beaver

 The first real snowstorm this winter has been piling snow everywhere, most distressingly on the branches of the trees. We were out first thing this morning shaking off what we could, but there is so much that we can’t reach. I won’t be surprised if we have broken branches when it’s all over…



Lupa has been ringing the bell to go outside all day - I suspect she doesn’t have business to do but finds the snow a fun place to play! She’s a little shrimp in the heavy snow but she’s not deterred :-)  


The snow is sticky enough for a snowman!


Our electricity was glitching all day so I rearranged my cookie making schedule to avoid having to bake anything if the power went out, so I mixed up 2 doughs that could sit in the fridge:  Orange Cranberry and Gingerbread, baking only the OC cookies. I’d forgotten how badly frozen cranberries worked out so instead of neat little cookies, they are a mess, but oh so tasty! 


Tomorrow, once the gingerbread men have danced into and out of the oven there will be 4 of the 7 kinds of cookies made…


There’s a BEAVER living in the pond!!!!!!



I had in my mind that today would be a good day to watch Christmas movies all day but somehow the day passed in a blur!


Yesterday Jo Ellen and Don came over for a traditional Italian lunch - ragu with tomatoes from the garden, riblets, and homemade meatballs. I meant to bring out the lemoncello but forgot :-(




Awesome!


“visiting with friends”

“winter wonderland”

“dogs jumping through the deep snow”



No comments: