Thursday, October 31, 2013

It Felt Good

The rain poured down and the wind lashed at the house, but we were cosy inside with lights blazing as I clipped the poodles. I’m never sure if they are keen or not, but they do seem perkier at the end of the cut (relief that it is over I suppose!).

 

DSCN4150 DSCN4152

After I was done I went online to find out how to make felt – surely poodle hair had to be good for something! As it turns out it supposedly felts well… but we shall see. I messed around for a while with one technique – another technique requires a few things that I didn’t have on hand. A black circle of Bella’s hair is drying now, but I don’t think I worked it enough to make it really tough.

Supper tonight was a wrap that took me over ONE HOUR to make! Seriously, an hour. Carm gave it a 5/5 so I guess it was worth it. The grill got a total workout with zucchini, red peppers, portabella mushrooms, tofu and mango (yes, mango). I was trying to formulate a replacement for chicken shwarma so used tons of garlicky hummus, pickles, and even jalapeño peppers. All of this was assembled on whole grain tortillas. They were YUM.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. ~  Edgar Allan Poe