Sunday, October 13, 2013

precious as autumn sunshine

As incredible as it may seem, the weather for the last two days has continued to be outstanding. It was up to 22C today and sunny. Another shade seeking day, Hurrah!

I cannot endure to waste anything as precious as autumn sunshine by staying in the house. So I spend almost all the daylight hours in the open air. ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne

This morning we were scheduled to meet up with Trudie & Leo at the buffet brunch at the Mac. I ended up skipping out as I wasn't feeling all that great after eating a big steak dinner the night before - no wine involved!

I did get up in time to make them coffee when they returned just after 11. From there Carm and I went to the flea market for bargain haircuts, Canadian Tire to see if there was anything good on sale (there wasn't).

The rest of this incredible afternoon was spent catching some sunshine, and visiting with people in neighboring campers. I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't just a little easier to meet up with people without our fancy fence... I'm conflicted - it is great not to tie the dogs up, but it is also nice to wander out to the road to talk with passers by.


We watched a program on CNN with an interview of Malala, the young Pakistani girl that was shot by the Taliban - what an incredible young woman. Despite, or perhaps because of, the attack on her life she has a resolve and an insight rarely seen in adults, let alone a 16 year old. I think that her attitude towards life as she overcomes her injuries can be an inspiration to us all.

I raise up my voice – not so that I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard. ~ Malala Yousafzai,

No comments: