Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Avengers

We had my mom, dad and brother Graham over for lunch on Sunday. It was Mother's Day and I wanted to spend some time with her. I might have preferred a day out on the town with just the two of us (we'll have to plan something in the next few weeks), but having us all together was nice too.

20150510_145720-family

I had planned to make Fettuccini Alfredo - not the regular Alfredo with cream sauce, but one rich with healthy avocado and silken tofu. Alas, my avocados were brown so we had to make do with a simple tomato pesto sauce.

The hot, humid summer weather has broken and been replaced with more normal spring temperatures, along with some cold rain. Carm and I had to make a trip into Costco Monday and since we'd already be in town he convinced me to go see 'Avengers - Age of Ultron' (or some such title). It wasn't bad but at times had too much action for me - we were right near the front of the theatre with the giant 3D screen looming above us - the action seemed to spill off the screen into my lap - I actually faked a trip to the loo to give myself a break. 

The Chapters store next door lured me in with the promise of a book about writing. My head was still dizzy from all the action, but I was able to focus on the rows of books enough to make a selection. It was a hard choice though - I had a few in my hands, juggling them (figuratively) to see which one to chose. I haven't had a chance to crack my treasure open yet as I'm trying to finish another library book before Thursday.

Today was the bi-monthly Edward Scissorhands day. Fur flew for 2 hours as I 'un-puffed' the Poodles, making them tidy for our upcoming trip. Then of course there were baths with Carm manning the hose and shampoo bottle while I waited on the sidelines with towels. The lovely thing about it not being winter is that we can scrub them outside. Yes, yes, we have a laundry tub in the garage that has both cold and hot water. I couldn't even imagine giving them an icy bath - that would be way too cruel.

20150512_141755-dogs

I hadn't changed my clothes yet (think tiny dog hairs poking into my skin) when the dogs started barking wildly - it was Christina walking down the driveway with a bouquet of flowers in her hand. I got my walking shoes on and we headed down the road with the wild wind beating us forward.

Faeries, come take me out of this dull world,
For I would ride with you upon the wind,
Run on the top of the dishevelled tide,
And dance upon the mountains like a flame.
~W.B. Yeats

No comments: