Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Martinique 10x Kirstens road

We docked in Martinique today. It was slightly cloudy with heat and humidity.

Our excursion today took us around the island on roads that rivaled Kirsten's road in New Zealand. Except we were on it for 1 1/2 hours! One lady called out for plastic bags part way through the trip - I could hear her heaving in the background. I managed to keep my cookies down, but gosh it was a challenge.


One of our stops was in a town that had been wiped out by a volcano in 1902. There has been some rebuilding but the town has never fully recovered. Interesting ruins of a theater that had lovely views overlooking the volcano.


Our last stop was at a rum factory. After the tour of the premisis we sampled a few varieties before choosing one to bring home. 


We had supper in the dining room again with Lana and Peter. Chateaubriand for me - I'm sure getting my fill of beef!

After supper Carm and I had a quick swim before getting dressed for the theatre. We got there 1/2 hour early, but already nearly every seat was filled. We had to make due with seats right in the front row. As usual they put on a fantastic performance.


No comments: