Friday, December 22, 2017

whiny little

The snow is coming down, not softly, inviting me out to play, but whirling around, icy crystals lashing at my face. It’s cold and dismal. I got the dogs outside for a few minutes, but they have even less stomach for the cold than I do. Maybe I need to dig their winter parkas out of storage.

Visions of the Caribbean have been replaced with a fantasy of taking the camper down south. We could all go, except Grace, which would simplify our trip to somewhere warm. The dogs proved that they are good travellers a few years back when we drove out west.

Today is friday which means it is only a few days until Christmas eve on Sunday. I don’t have a single decoration up, not even my pre-decorated tree. Going back from our trip with a cold took me out of reality and into a coughing cocoon - I’m still wearing flannel pj bottoms. I can’t get past my anxiety of leaving the pets. Instead of getting better I’m worse and almost paralized with worry. I try to rationalize my fears, I mean I know they are safe with Pat, but I’m not having any luck at feeling better.

I need a way to get Spike over his separation anxiety. He even cried when I went to the dentist the other day. Do you have any suggestions? Has anyone had any experience with anti-anxiety meds for dogs?

I did make the dough for a batch of shortbread yesterday, and today I’ll roll them out and make pretty stars. I wonder how many will make it to the tin?

… a while later… shortbread is baked… and burned. My %$&* oven is so out of whack that I’d better not try any more cookies.

Time to dig out my copy of Irving Berlin’s “White Christmas”, a yearly tradition. It was a bit of a tear jerker, in fact I didn’t make it through the first credits before I was choked up. It’s a movie I associate with Kirsten and the girls and gosh, I miss them so much.

Carm just read this and said it was a whiny rant but I can’t find a way to cheer it up, so excuse me if today I don’t find any pleasures. It’s not as bad as all that, but...

No comments: