Thursday, May 17, 2018

the whole world fell in love in spring

I’m slowly getting over my shock. I relived and ruminated several ‘what if’ versions of the screeching tires yesterday, until finally I gave myself a virtual slap and got busy with something else. That something was putting back all the stuff that we had removed from the camper last fall. Except for food - I’ll do some actual planning and just bring what we need for our first trip, not everything that I can think of that we might use for the rest of the year… Yes, I will try not to overpack this time.

But that means I have to do some serious menu planning, and how can I plan for 8 suppers when these days I’m having trouble figuring out what the next meal will be. The campground is a bit of a ways from the city, otherwise I’d just plan that we’d eat out most every night :-0

Raxx for ribs will be a must-do on the first Thursday night. (just checked the menu - Tuesday is fish & chips, Wed is wings, Thur is ribs, Fri is steak - maybe we can eat out every night after all!)

Another good diversion from my overactive imagination was a visit from Jo Ellen and Don last night. I whipped up a minestrone soup so the meal would be reasonably healthy but then ruined it by baking biscuits, and if I do say so myself, they are the best and hard to resist. We were celebrating the 1 year anniversary of our time in Sorrento where we bought a bottle of limoncello to bring home. We enjoyed a sip of the golden sunshine after our supper last night. Not the same bottle, as that one is LONG gone ;-)

I was walking with the dogs in the field this afternoon enjoying the faint scent of flowers on the breeze. The sweet fragrance of summer buoyed my spirits: summer is surely on the way.

And the birds sang their songs of love. And the flowers serenaded with their sublime fragrances. And the whole world fell in love in spring!”
~Avijeet Das

No comments: