Thursday, February 14, 2019

i tip my head back

I tipped my head back and closed my eyes. The sun beat down and with my eyes closed I could almost believe it was summer, or at least late spring. Each day the sun gains more power and I want to make sure I remember to make it one of my pleasures. Even at night, the sun stays longer before dipping down to sleep.


Happy Valentines Day! Do you celebrate? We sort of do, but not with cards or gifts - we are long past the stage of needing physical reminders as we are pretty good about being good to each other most of the time. Our habit is to talk about our relationship often. In the car ride home from the city we talked about when we first met and recalled our first times together, and some of the Valentines days from years gone by. We are both on the sappy side!

We got takeout Pad Kai Mau from our absolute favorite in the world Thai place - we’ll have it for supper with some bubbles. We’ll probably eat it at the coffee table though :-(  maybe while we watch the final bit of the dog show. Okay - I guess we aren’t very romantic after all. (oh heck!!! I’m gonna run and set the table and MAKE us have supper with music in the background and not CNN). I’ll even light the candles. If I was more energetic I’d make us dress up too.


Spike has been on the treadmill everyday but only for a few minutes at a time. He’s up to 1mph which is a slow steady walk for him. I have him on a leash to guide him a bit, and he is also jumping on without much coaxing. He’s still getting lots of treats to keep him going.


How many lessons of faith and beauty we should lose, if there were no winter in our year! ~Thomas Wentworth Higginson, "April Days," 1861

No comments: